Have been battling a cold and allergies this week. Bearable, but not very much fun to say the least. Watched Kill Bill I on Monday. All the spraying blood, Yakuza stuff, quirky characters, so cool. Can’t wait to see Volume II…Went to the Giants game and did happy hour today with the folks from my office, and two complete strangers at Momo’s called me the “high maintenance one with the sparkles on her glasses”…The nerve of those guys, they don’t even know me!!! Despite their comment, I still had a good time today. The weather was absolutely gorgeous, perfect for the ballgame, though I don’t really watch baseball at all, I eat, but not too bad considering I got paid to go…Got an e-mail back from Teen Vogue saying there weren’t any open positions in the SF advertising office cause their internship program was in New York, so that was disappointing, but I’m still trying to remain positive about the whole job hunt situation. Sent and e-mail to the job placement department at FIDM, so who knows, maybe they’ll come through with something…Had my weekly phone date with Christine last night and she was talking about how good jobs come when you are patient. I’m trying, but it’s not one of my strong virtues. That’s why I dislike hand sewing…God, I’m such a whiner today, I hope the planets align themselves differently this weekend…Then she said Sergio was dying to tell me that at his new job at Habitual Jeans, there is a Japanese girl in his office that looks exactly like me. Weird, guess everyone has their cosmic twin…
Today’s little delights:
1. The teeny jumping frog Richard from my office made on the muni train out of his bus ticket.
2. The hot fudge sundae from the Ghiradelli stand at the game.
3. Taking my boots off when I got home.
4. Realizing I have 5 pairs of clean pants fresh from the cleaners.
5. Waking up, getting dressed, made-up, putting on my contacts and getting to work on time.
6. Knowing that today is Thursday and there’s only one more day of work to go…