Saturday, April 14, 2007

Let them eat cake and steak - Sunday, January 22, 2006 - Current mood: cheerful

Have spent the past couple weeks supporting my rockstar buddies. So the Chow Nasty video release party a couple weeks ago was incredibly fun until I came home and blacked out because some motherfucker decided to slip me GHB or a roofie. I woke up in a puddle of vomit that I have no recollection of creating and had to miss my hair appointment! Karma is a real bitch, so I'm sure that asshole will get his/hers somehow. Yes, I am really glad to be alive these days.. Saw Absinthe Academy the other night in Berkeley. Was a lot of fun, got to see my homies, and they were super awesome. My mom even came with us to show her love! Then had drinks the other night at good old Lost Weekend for Theresa's B-day topped off by La Pinata after of course. So wonderful to see my lovely friend Lee on his birthday a couple weeks back, and bought myself 5 pairs of shoes the other day and I finally, finally got a new wallet, a cute little peach w/silver hardware w/ pink topstitching Marc Jacobs number...Saw Memoirs of a Geisha, was okay, but I went into with low expectations. Think a Japanese director and cast would have been more appropriate! Saw the Chronicles of Narnia, cute and charming, but seemed a bit lacking in the special effects area...but absolutely loved the SNL Narnia video! Can't wait until Sofia Coppola's "Marie Antoinette" comes out. All I can say is that trailer was amazing. Think I died and went to heaven, New Order and 18th century France together! My God!! And then I realized the Power Exchange is up the block from the magazine. I knew that area had a lot of weird sexual energy in it! Oh yeah, and someone shit all over the entrance of the building on Wednesday and Thursday, Liz got into a car accident while we were talking on the phone, Thank god she is okay...So Happy Chinese New Year everyone! It's gonna be the year of the dog!

COMMENTS: Posted by on Monday, January 23, 2006 at 1:21 PM

That's crazy! You're lucky you were at home when you blacked out! Saw Geisha a couple of weeks ago. I didn't really have high expectations of it from the previews but I really liked the book. So whatever- saw it, didn't really think much of it. And then a couple of nights ago I was talking in my sleep and said to my husband: "You know, Memoirs of a Geisha really should have been a much better movie than it was. It had so much potential and they really didn't do the book justice." I then flopped back down on my pillow and went to sleep. He was confused, but I guess it's just about the most honest movie review anyone could give : )

Posted by on Monday, January 23, 2006 at 1:21 PM
Megan, I think you are the only sleeping movie critic that I have ever met! We should conduct an experiment, have you watch a ton of movies, and then see if you do it again! Love it!! ; )

No comments:

Blog Archive