Saturday, April 14, 2007

life on the rocks - Thursday, June 17, 2004

Today I had an absolutely horrible meeting with the managers that have been left in charge of me while my boss in out on maternity leave. I think they are insinuating I quit my job cause they've "noticed I've been unhappy there" and they're afraid "my lack of enthusiasm will rub of on people." They made it seem like they were doing me a favor by saying I should get back into the fashion industry, which has been my intention since late February, but it's been so fucking hard to land a new job, so I'm stuck there until A) I find a new job and can leave w/ knowing I'll continue to have an income or B) I can't take it anymore and I quit for sanity's sake. So work is at an all time low and I've spent the past 4 hours tonight applying for jobs. Hopefully someone will hire me soon so I can leave that hell hole with some dignity. Besides the work drama, had a very fun, yet tiring weekend with Jenny, Darrel and crew celebrating their rite of passage into the world of engineering. Went to BFD, their graduation and graduation luncheon with them last week. Hit up some West Oakland Art Galleries and Assimilate (which has become god awful) with Brandon the week before. We were gonna go to the Arrowbar tonight, but I decided I had to stay home and look for a job, since I'll probably be unemployed soon...My Grandfather fell and broke his hip the other day too, and has pneunomia, so they can't operate cause of his lungs cause he's been a heavy smoker for the past 75 years or so. My 9 year-old ulcer has come back and my Great Uncle passed away last week too, so life has not been so pleasant for me lately. When it rains it pours, doesn't it? Hopefully July will be kinder.

No comments:

Blog Archive