Monday, April 16, 2007

Shopgirled.....shopped. - Wednesday, November 15, 2006 - Current mood: cheery

So my career as a Neiman Marcus Shopgirl was a brief one, all of exactly 4 days on the store floor plus 3 days training. I decided retail just isn't for my head and my feet, and have a new appreciation for the millions of people who do it daily. My Mom says I can't be on my feet all day cause I'm flat footed, (my feet have seriously been hurting for 24 hours a day since I started that job - I used to have to wear corrective shoes that looked like big red Doc Martens when I was a wee little girl. The kids called them clown shoes, and I always tripped over my feet, and still kinda do…not quite Forrest Gumpish, but sorta…) Think this explains a lot…my shrink would say the desire to become a fashionista and my shoe fetish stems from this childhood trauma. I did get my Louis Vuitton Petit Noe bag before I left, so I'm actually quite content, despite the fact that now I have to find a new job.



Happy to hang out with Jesse and Sophie at the SOMA/Benetton party, which was typical - no food, dull and dead SF fashion, our MO being the open bar of course…..and then fell asleep on the last train back to the east bay, missed my stop, then had to spend $80 on a cab to get home from Pleasanton…Dee's cocktail party with Tee and the boys was nice and chill, and kept me fed for a few days.Was especially excited to see Lee, since it's been a year, both agreeing we are bad people, since we only live a few cities away from each other, and Joey has given me the assignment of finding him some Cazalesqe stunnas since he soon will be joining the rest of us in the four eyed crew....Unfortunately missed Wes, Jessica, Steve, Stephanie in Sonoma for baby Jocelyn's birthday…Helped Liz style a fashion show at Macy's, and just been trying to stay warm and cozy.



on my mind this week:





  1. .. width="425" height="350">..>


I LOVE this!! Guess I'm much geekier than I had possibly imagined…




  1. Don't fall asleep on BART Michelle!!!
  2. Men are funny bunnies.
  3. Chow Nasty sounds good in Spanish.
  4. I'm addicted to breakfast foods.
  5. Absolut Kurant is really gross.
  6. According to Tee, I have no air in my chart, which means I don't think with my brain.
  7. The Babette is looking mighty fine in her new winter coat.
  8. Uh oh…I'm feeling all dancy…
  9. Taking it back to the old skool……Dance move inspirations……. ; )


.. width="425" height="350">..>



.. width="425" height="350">..>



COMMENTS:
2:26 PM - 5 Comments - 3 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove

AGREED on the Absolut Kurant.
Posted on Wednesday, November 15, 2006 at 2:55 PM

absolut mandarin and absolut peppar is where it's really at.
btw, saw marie antoinette this weekend and loved it- and thought of you : )
Posted on Wednesday, November 15, 2006 at 3:31 PM

What a great song....Juicy....brings back ol' school memories. I really hope you'll bust out some of those dance moves the next time we find ourselves around some music! By the way....did I notice a Corvette at the beginning of the video....
Posted Friday, November 17, 2006 at 4:46 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]

Oh DMM, or DMMR....those dance moves are just dying to get out!!! Think they made have made it out briefly at Mei's reception....plus, my East Bay pride always has me reprazentin...and I knew you'd like the Corvette action! ; )
Posted Friday, November 17, 2006 at 4:49 PM

"Think this explains a lot…my shrink would say the desire to become a fashionista and my shoe fetish stems from this childhood trauma. I did get my Louis Vuitton Petit Noe bag before I left, so I'm actually quite content, despite the fact that now I have to find a new job." Did he say what kind of trauma. Mine said that my lack of fashion comes from a too-happy childhood with my father.
Posted on Thursday, November 23, 2006 at 3:12 AM

No comments:

Blog Archive