Saturday, April 14, 2007

I heart skirts - Sunday, January 02, 2005

I'm so happy it's a new year! I've been so busy since Thanksgiving. It's like that for me every year, and I guess I should be used to it by now. I'm just glad the hustle and bustle is over with for a few months. Oh yes, then my wallet got stolen a few days before Christmas, so I've constantly been on the phone trying to get my credit and bank account straightened out. Yep, they managed to clear out my checking account and buy thousands of dollars worth of merchandise on my behalf. Guess they had a good Christmas, but I'm a firm believer in karma. Maybe they'll have a really bad allergic reaction to one of the 20 bottles of men's cologne I bought them at Macy's, who knows. I do know that Karma will kick your ass eventually though.I had a really nice Christmas with the family, got some really cool gifts, but the best part was just being able to hang out with everyone and being able to catch up with old friends. Went to Radio thursday to see Brandon DJ at Riff Raff and had a lot of fun with him on New Year's Eve at the Cellspace party. Too bad it was raining that night, I wanted to wear a skirt and open toed shoes with my fushia sequinced bolero sweater, but had to make do with pants and boots. Oh well, what can you do when the weather has its own agenda? So my new thing is skirts. Sounds weird, but since I haven't worn them in years, I'm just fascinated by them these days. The sad thing is though, I only have like 3 of them. Guess it's a reason to get some more. Must have more skirts!I still have the annoying cough I picked up about a month ago, and so hopefully it will run its course soon. I had these fake nails put on the other day, you know, long and pointy merlot colored, the scary kind from some old film noir movie. They're so cool, but really make it hard to type, so I think I'm gonna have to cut them down tomorrow so I can work. And my hair! I'm so tired of this amber color, and was thinking of going back to black, cause you know, you never go back ; ) but I haven't been inspired by anything quite yet, so I guess I'll wait for that divine moment of inspiration.But really, looking back, so many catatrosphic things have happened in 2004. It's so crazy how these events just open your eyes, and make you not take life for granted. Those poor boys in Iraq and the people affected by the tsunami. My heart really goes out to them. I know what it's like to have someone you love taken away by the sea. She's just so merciless sometimes. Makes you realize how precious life is. So this year I'm determined to work on my 26 year-old life; to make the job hunt pay off, and to maintain good health and a postive outlook, and to get more skirts, not bite my fake ass nails, and to be nice to my boyfriend (cause I always am). I think 2005 is going to be a good year.

No comments:

Blog Archive