Sunday, April 15, 2007

Method Acting & ReCreation.…Wednesday, September 06, 2006 - Current mood: satisfied

I did some things out of character within the past week. Firstoff, I quit my job last Friday without anything lined up. I decided, after falling down on Market and 1st with all my equipment (divine intervention I should say), that my time with the company had come to a close, so I quit the next day, imbibing coffee with Sophie, and a fairly expensive, celebratory mimosa lunch with myself shortly thereafter. In the process I had reclaimed my happiness, my health and my social life. Never again will these three entities be sacrificed for a business endeavor not owned by yours truly.

The second thing I did out of character was that I joined Netflix. Im not against it, but I just thought it would be rare for me to watch a ton movies since Im not in a state of coupledom, but I'm rather enjoying this bonding time with myself and my nail polish collection.

The third out of character thing that I am experiencing is an uncontrollable craving for tomato based products, which normally only reach palette heights of mediocrity for me.

Im getting kinda excited about all this new, spontaneous behavior. Not related, but I'm also excited cause I learned all about Damascence the other day at the Alameda Antique Fair, since I had picked up a couple jewelry pieces of it here and there. Apparently it is made in Spain and Japan, and the process includes tiny pieces of gold and silverleaf that are placed into small carvings on a piece of jewelry, then heat sealed, often in a landscape or geometrical design. Its so cool, and Im totally intrigued cause now I have a new thing to collect and hunt for.

I guess I feel a sense of accomplishment. I got out of a very unhealthy job situation before it entirely consumed me, and now Im moving forward towards another phase in my career. Not quite sure what it is yet, but I am hopeful, and now I have time and the heart to enjoy and savor the things I really love.

Halleluiah! I'm back and my appetite is back as well!! (Just ate Lucky Charms, a caprese sandwich, a cinnamon raisin english muffin, and some shrimp cocktail). Whether I have to lie, cheat or steal, I will never work myself out of an appetite again!! Okaaaaay!

COMMENTS:

10:06 PM - 1 Comments - 2 Kudos -
Good for you! What you've done takes guts.
Posted on Thursday, September 07, 2006 at 9:45 AM

No comments:

Blog Archive