Saturday, April 14, 2007

the simple life - Monday, July 05, 2004

Went to the Art Deco exhibit at the Legion of Honor today. Saw some cool stuff from the 20's and 30's. Thought the exhibition would include more pieces, so I was a bit disappointed, but it was pretty cool seeing authentic Paul Poiret cloth samples and Chanel, Vionnet, and Jean Patou evening gowns from that time period...which I had only seen in fashion books before today. The Cartier jewelry was pretty nice too. Those Art Deco folks, now they really knew the meaning of BLING!!! My favorite piece though was the carved silver canopy bed with silver velvet bedding. It was breathtaking! One day I'm going to get me one of them and an opuim den (off topic, but I've always wanted one) to decorate with. The electrocalsh warehouse party in West O was fun, but crazy, (electrical and band problems ruled the night) and Pink Saturday in the Castro was chaotic, so I spent this nice, extended weekend just kickin back and cleaning so I could rest and clear my mind. Finally finished reading "The Devil Wears Prada" tonight, which is poorly written, but a good, interesting, sneak peak into the fashion magazine industry...So at least this week at work will be a short one, the right side of my brain has been stimulated by art and bad literature, and my house is getting cleaner...Three very simple aspects of my life that make me a very happy and content person at the moment! : )

No comments:

Blog Archive