The past couple weeks have been filled with marathon socializing. Started with the O’Reilly’s Oyster festival last week, really wonderful to have our annual visits from Steve and Steph, and Wes and Jessica, and so good to finally have met Brie, and to hang out with Jesse and Sophie, Adrian, Dan, Edwin, and the Dee and the rest of the crews. It was a crazy good time, starting with the car ride over, and included some intense establishment hopping, karaoke and dancing, and ended with last call at the LW. Later in the week, I went to see the Giants for a media work related event, and then Dee and I did sister bonding at the De Young, catching the Vivienne Westwood exhibit and purchased some very cute earrings (Swarovski crystal skull and crossbones) of hers as well. Had drinks at the LW with Tee, and then Danny’s Dirty Thirty/Moving Away BBQ party was pretty hardcore, like 10 hours straight of hanging out and catching up with old friends, and then finally catching the office cold I’ve been dodging for two weeks now.
On my mind this week:
1. I think I should be allowed to enjoy my Friday afternoon and talk excitedly to old friends on public transportation, however there is a bus Nazi who thinks otherwise.
2. There is nothing more awkward than a very drunk person trying to kiss you that you’re not really sure you want to kiss. Closed eyed, lips puckered in the air approaching like bombs on televised radar. Not good.
3. I’ve started the planning for my birthday party. Hope it will be at least this much fun!
4. I almost cried when I saw the Vivienne Westwood exhibit, but stopped myself out of the fear of looking like one of those crazy Michael Jackson fanatics, but now I think I kinda get them...anyhow, you must see it before it leaves the De Young on June 10th, and pssssst! It’s only $5 when you show a BofA card!!!
5. Tee told me last night she is convinced I’m gonna marry some sort of royalty and become a European socialite, but I think I’m much too much a rebel for this sort of behavior. I’d take the shoes though any day. Anyhow, I’m more like these guys:
6. Although, I think I’m just about due for one of these……
Wednesday, May 30, 2007
Awesome Sites to Visit
- LITTLE MAGAZINE
- Fancy Food Fancy
- The Goods
- Verseau Vintage
- The SuperTaster
- Life/Style Times
- Something Beginning with 'T'
- Yoli Designs