Thursday, March 13, 2008
Comfort Food...March 13, 2008 - Mood: Antsy
(She's my favorite R. Crumb character)
February was super low key socially, and all about self help...I helped myself to
some new Chanel glasses, a Marc Jacobs bag, a 1920’s celluloid hair comb with blue crystals I picked up at the White Elephant sale, and some tops for spring here and there. Also helped myself to a couple massages, which did wonders for my back, neck, and shoulders. March so far has been absolutely insane, but really fun, and somehow I have the flu again. So before getting sick, went to the Stork Club with Dee and Anna to see the Belles du Jour burlesque troop and the Gomorran Social Aid, and Pleasure Club show, and oh my god, it was such a good time, guess sometimes you just can’t really beat brass and burlesque, ya know. At the LW caught the Up and Down and caught up with my lovely lady friend Tee, who is moving to Hawaii at the end of the month. I’m sad to see her go, but am happy for her new adventure. Speaking of which, I’m quite overdue for one of those myself.
On my mind this week:
1. Tee I will miss you! And thank god, we are in the same network. I just got some new sunglasses, so I can come visit you on the island and not get blinded by that insane Hawaiian sun, and I’m counting on you to find all the good island eats….
he, he, he….Us on the beach in Hawaii, will be like this, sorta like us in the bars here….he, he, he…;)
2. Vitamin B-12 in liquid form is so amazing. Put it under your tongue for 30 seconds, then swallow. (kinda makes me feel like a teenager again) I highly recommend for anybody who is stressed or whose nervous system may be strained.
3. Yikes, the dirty thirty is coming up in a few months, and I have no idea what to do this year for my b-day…
4. I swear to god, I think I saw R. Crumb two weeks ago. It was a Thursday evening around 7:00 pm, and I had just gotten out of a massage…. So I was on the bus on my way home, when at Post and Montgomery a man caught my eye. In a sea of generic business suits and neo San Franciscan work attire, I saw this older gentleman with a rather large, but well groomed moustache wearing a boater and glasses, and a light colored suit. He definitely looked out of place, but it didn’t seem to faze him.
I was awestruck because the peculiarity of this person and of the moment, it was all so intense, and all together 100% voyeuristic; so selfishly stolen. It maybe lasted for 3 seconds, but it felt like slow motion. Then the thought struck me very randomly, two weeks later: That’s R. Crumb. I mean, after all he was a San Franciscan for many
Funny how most people think he’s a total dirt bag, and he very well may be. I think it’s fascinating and somewhat endearing how his sense of blatant honesty is so childlike in its defensiveness...It’s interesting. Sorta reminds me of Dov Charney.
I found this the other day...I love it! My favorite Suede song of all time..."I’m never alone now cause I’m with her and her and her and nobody knows..." :)
speaking of Marilyn, Dee and I love what's about to happen next....
I’m certainly not as moody as Pee Wee when I’m sick…Sick time for me is the only time I have NO appetite, use IM, am quiet, am somewhat docile, and watch DVDs…I can’t wait for my health to improve, life is so boring when you can’t taste or smell it!!
Funny how being sick elicits a regression of the palate…
Comfort foods this week included: Lots of instant noodles (asian kind), Corned beef sandwiches on rye with kraut, pickles, island dressing, mustards and cheese (my grandma used to send loads of these home for us, and I kept seeing pictures of corned beef sandwiches since St. Patty’s day is Monday), cravings for Ramiro and Son’s bean and cheese burritos (Liz and I have been very upset cause they have been closed for a week for repairs), and of course pizza.
Posted by Crazy Jacket at 8:54 PM
Awesome Sites to Visit
- LITTLE MAGAZINE
- Fancy Food Fancy
- The Goods
- Verseau Vintage
- The SuperTaster
- Life/Style Times
- Something Beginning with 'T'
- Yoli Designs
- ▼ 2008 (6)