Saturday, September 8, 2007

Word Processing…..Sept. 8, 2007 - Current Mood: Spunky

I’ve been in my head a lot the past few weeks which explains the misplacing of keys, phone, clothes, scarves, and plans. My sense of direction has temporarily worsened due to a weak eyeglasses prescription, which clearly wreaks havoc on my already weak sense of direction and perpetual state of dishevelment. Yet despite everything, I managed to do a hearty amount of well manicured socializing, mostly in the east bay setting. So my new place to nerd out is the Hob Nob, which used to be a kind of bizarre jazz bar/restaurant in Alameda, but now is a mecca for young and old nerds alike, providing a healthy supply of booze and board games within a semi-nice local setting. The Kwan kids rather like it on Thursdays since they have a $3 drink happy hour from 10pm to midnight, and last week included an intense game of scrabble, arm wrestling, and extreme connect four. There were a couple visits to the LW and Radio, and a pillaging of the popcorn machine over at the Lucky 13. Back in the city, enjoyed a delicious dinner at Maverick for Sophie's birthday with her, Jesse, Dan, and Gail, and I have to say, my fried chicken was cooked to perfection; tender, yet crisp, and impeccably seasoned, and on a bed of mashed potatoes. I told Miss Liz the next time we get our thrift on at Thriftown, which is kiddie corner, we have to have a lady date there. So the Labor Day weekend included some home redecorating and TLC, babysitting, couple BBQs – pretty low key cause the next few weeks will be action packed.

On my mind this week:

1. Everytime I see my friend Carlo, he says, “I know you’ve got to be at least one of the three: hungry, tired, or having to pee.” I am realizing now these are the effects of me always being in a constant state of over stimulation.

2. Yet another person on a bike took me by surprise on Market Street this week…

3.

Legos are so the new black.

4.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VX4aM3y3ZRY
And they say computers are dangerous…

5.

My Dad makes up words too…my favorite of late is poisionated, e.g. “I don’t want to get poisionated by that confetti." (that had fallen onto a piece of cake during a Kwan Family birthday party).

No comments: